Friday 29 June 2007

Equipment update


Camera gear is coming in thick and fast now, and my new 'kit' is almost complete.

The 430EX flash arrived soon after the camera and lens, and a day later the BG-E2 Vertical Grip turned up. Boy, I thought the 30D was hefty on its own - attach the grip with flash all batteried up and you know you're carrying some gear around! I used a Nikon D2H for a few months last year, and I would say that the weight is comparable.

Unfortunately, since it's begun arriving the weather has packed in and it's been bucketing down for days. I'll get out eventually, but the wait may just about kill me!


A 'very' cool Canon gadget bag turned up today that I won on an internet auction. The original image that went with the auction wasn't all that clear, so I purchased it on faith and a whim. Now that it's actually here I'm very chuffed. Heaps of compartments, very comfortable to wear, nicely padded, and oh yeah, super cool. It's got 'Canon Pro Team' stitched on it and everything! Will definitely be using it for Weddings. ;-)

My other purchase off the internet which hasn't arrived yet, is a 'new' Canon EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro. Should be here tomorrow (Saturday), not that it will do me any good with the aforementioned cats and dogs falling outside. Still, I've wanted a macro lens forever, and never got one with my Nikon gear - although I did get to review the Nikkor 105mm VR Macro - a 'very' nice lens. Don't expect that the 60mm Canon will be quite in the same league, but the reviews from users on the net have been 'very' positive.

That (both you and my wife will be pleased to hear), will be it for a while. All the major purchases have been made, and now comes the fun part - actually getting to use the gear!

I'll save my pennies for a bit, look at getting a second body before the wedding season starts in Nov/Dec, and then - depending on how my tax return goes this year - I'll consider my next lens purchase. Not sure at this stage whether that will be the EF-S 10-22mm f3.4/4.5, or maybe a 70-200mm f4'L'. Maybe the lure of my first 'L' will be too strong, or maybe the need for going 'wide' on the 1.6 crop will win out? We'll have to wait and see...

Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on this post. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks again
Wayne