Thursday 21 June 2007

30D Arrived!

Well, right on schedule (and in spite of pretty wild, wet and windy weather) my new 30D arrived this morning together with an EF-S 17-55mm f2.8.


There's nothing quite like a nice shiny new camera and lens! I love the whole 'boys and their toys' aspect to photography, and find a nicely made camera very sexy! Yeah, I know it's sad, but trust me - camera's aren't the 'only' things I find sexy, so there is hope for me yet (much to my wife's relief).

First (very early) impressions of the 30D are very positive. Good weight and heft thanks to the alloy chassis, solid construction, nice placement of functions, and a great big 2.5" screen that I'm looking forward to using.

Add the 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM to the 30D and it becomes even more solid. So solid, in fact that it will certainly benefit from the Vertical grip available for the 30D (my next purchase along with a 430EX Speedlite).


I will finish setting it up tonight, and then actually start taking some images with it. Yes, even I know that a camera is actually meant to be 'used'. And I hate the statement often made by people who like my images and then say "Wow, you must have a great camera"!

Well yes, I have. But it IS just a tool, albeit a very sexy one (sorry). I am also very excited about the images I will make with this camera and lens combination over the next few years. I'll post some here on my blog, and let you know how the camera and lens(es) are shaping up.

More soon.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on this post. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks again
Wayne