Thursday 27 January 2011

Fisheye Fun

My Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye arrived today, and yep, it's FUN!

At 10mm you can fit a whole room in - including most of yourself if you're not too careful!

And it has that great fisheye look which, although admittedly can get old real quick, is also undoubtedly a unique spin on an otherwise dull image. This is just a snap of Emy in our lounge - literally the first shot I took with the lens on my D300, but it's also kinda neat. I love how you get sooooo much in, although when kept in the middle the 'subject' still looks relatively natural.  I can see the wedding potential already.

So I took the kids outside and fired another a few more quick shots. just to get a feel for the lens. Not surprisingly it's very snappy to focus, and beautifully sharp, especially in the centre, even wide open. I may not use this lens a lot, but I can tell I'm going to love the results when I do.


Another shot at 10mm - showing again how the central figures can stay reasonably normal, while the horizon and edges bend for the funky fisheye effect. Great portrait of the kids.


Never ask your son "How close can you get to my lens?"
"Is this close enough Dad?"

Seriously, how can you not have fun with this lens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on this post. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks again
Wayne